BIMS SOM-HP Expectations For Enrollment
Every aspect of the Admissions process is competitive. From the moment you submit in inquiry card to your last question of the interview, we will be comparing your interactions with us to other applicants, best practices, and the expectations of the Admissions Committee.
Prior to matriculation at the BIMS SOM-HP, each applicant should meet the following admissions requirements
1. Satisfactory completion of four years of accredited secondary school education and a Bachelor’s degree / Post-Baccalaureate Requirements (reflected on Official Transcripts) – from an accredited college or university are necessary. Applications from students with three years of exceptional undergraduate work completed will be considered (At least 90 credit hours from an accredited college or university are necessary) or
2. One full academic year of:
3. The quality of medical school applicants is quite high. Successful candidates typically have both sciences and overall grade point averages of 3.1 or above. However, BIMS SOM-HP shall consider our applicants to have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 and have completed the following course work.
4. Applicants originating from the Caribbean must have CAPE 1 and 2 or Preuniversity College (PUC) or Intermediate College Sciences from India, with majors in Biology, Physics, Chemistry and or Mathematics. If required these students must be able to provide proof of 90 credit hours to enroll into MD program at the BIMS SOM-HP.
5. All other students originating from Asia, Africa, Europe and other continents must produce equivalent testing scores and or Pre-Med requirements prior to matriculation at the BIMS SOM-HP.
6. Applicants with grade point average (GPA) of less than 3.0 will be considered for enrollment based on a few other metrics that shall be taken into consideration. Such as:
Clinical Experience (Optional but highly recommended)
MCAT Scores (optional)
In addition to the above requirements the following is mandatory
Sign up to receive updates, promotions, and sneak peaks of upcoming products. Plus 20% off your next order.